- Research and develop innovative geo-solutions, including:
- Deeply investigate the latest advances in relevant fields (machine learning, computer vision, and remote sensing) and design your own methods by handpicking, customizing, combining, or devising algorithms
- Choose, combine, and process appropriate satellite/geographic datasets depending on tasks
- Perform experiments to check the feasibility/validity of your own methods and dataset
- Summarize and report results in a clear and easy-to-understand manner
- Implement statistical and machine learning technologies and help software engineers deploy them into production
- Proactively find research themes and address them
- Partner closely with business staff and judge the feasibility of potential business ideas based on your technical knowledge before they are put into practice
- Continuously improve you and your team’s skills
- 3+ years of practical experience in applying machine learning, computer vision, or image processing to solve real-world problems
- Excellent understanding of Python fundamentals, and strong experience with its scientific ecosystem (NumPy, Pandas, Jupyter, and so forth)
- Basic knowledge of statistics and machine learning
- Experience with Linux
- Ability to read academic papers without difficulty and select, combine, and implement technical approaches to solve problems
- Motivation to learn new things and share them with the team
- Good oral and written communication skills in English to convey techniques and results of analyses concisely to both experts and non-experts
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in computer science, statistics, machine learning, applied math, data science, or equivalent field
- Experience in implementing your own algorithm and deploying it into production
- Research experience in the field of machine learning
- Publications at peer-reviewed conferences or journals
- Experience in reproducing papers
- Experience with Docker, GCP
- Experience in handling satellite images or GIS data
- Experience with TensorFlow or PyTorch to run experimental workflows
- Knowledge of the generation process of electro-optical or SAR satellite imagery
- Knowledge of characteristics of many different satellite image products
- Experience and familiarity with Japanese culture/language
Synspective creates the Learning World where people can expand their capabilities and make tangible progress with new data and technologies
Efficient, accountable and resilient world
- Solution services with satellite data
- Development and operation of small SAR satellites
Synergy of Spirit
As part of Synspective, we embark on this journey together, bringing with us our combined experiences and life. As a team, we recognize that the team’s goals are my personal goals, and my goals are the team’s goals. We each share a part of the responsibility to succeed.
I constantly communicate to align my efforts with our goal. I manage my energy and time to maximize team performance. I give more than I take. I provide value when needed and I take responsibility for my own behavior.
Synthesis of Knowledge
We try to create new value under conditions that have huge uncertainty and volatility. The only way for us to succeed is to progress through trial and error that we learn from and make changes based on our new knowledge.
I listen actively and respectfully to others’ opinions, consider it logically and examine my assumptions, and discuss it with my team constructively. I learn by doing and building upon our experiences. I aim to achieve better results with every new attempt. I accelerate the collective learning process by openly sharing experiences and knowledge with my team.
Synched with the Future
We have an obligation to create a sustainable future for the next generations. To do so, we must tackle tough challenges as pioneers, leaving our comfort zones that prevent our growth.
I recognize that a smart failure is a step toward success and try to learn from the past to solve new issues in the future. I set aggressive goals and divide them into sprint-victories in order to continue to tangibly advance and make progress. I consider the future, prepare for it, and actively engage in making it happen with quick actions and decisions.
Compensation & Arrangements:
- Benefits: Commuting expense, health insurance, employees' pension insurance
- Flexible work-hour and location
- Others: Part-Time or second job allowed